I have a php video sharing site, i want to rewrite it, i have used phpmotion to make the demo, but phpmotion or any ready made script sucks in the real world applications. phpmotion is written using the TBS framework which also sucks!
so I’m re-writing my app using django, I came to ask you if django is a good idea for my site? or should i go for ruby on rails? I’m good with django not so good with ruby on rails, but i have all the the time in the world to learn it.
my cousin is a software engineer, he knows C# he keeps arguing that django does not scale. my main concern is the backend obviously. he says that django performance is not good when you have high traffic.
I see that pretty much all the new video content sites are using ruby on rails, so is ROR really better then django for video content site? and is none relational db better for that kind of sites?
Note: I’m not considering php at the moment because it lacks a good framework, and i don’t know and don’t like zend framework
- Is Ruby on Rails really that good?
- How much better is Ruby on Rails versus PHP?
- Question about Ruby on Rails–?
- Which is more promising for web development- Ruby/RoR or Python/Django?
- I want to learn Ruby and Rails (2.0)….?
- What industry is Ruby On Rails programming most popular in right now?
- Django or Ruby on Rails ?
- How are website with Ruby on Rails built?
- Ruby on rails! Help please?
- What is a framework (php)?