After you know the essentials of programming, it is useless to trudge through textbooks that teach you what loops are, why syntax is important, and how to arrange data fields.
Is there anything like a dictionary for languages that just tell key words, special functions, methods, and oddities of a language?
For example, Java -
declare integer – int
-floating point – float / double
-word string – String
javax.swing.JOptionPane (Simple GUI)
Many of us can figure things out with minimal resources, and sometimes this method of learning is faster. Is there any resource that could just list out all the factors of a language that make it different from others?
If you have any info please help.
I am starting on Ruby on Rails and PHP, and I’d like to cut down the time to learn/decide which to use.
Reading two textbooks only to use one of the languages sounds like a waste of time.
- Are dynamic languages harder to learn than conventional high level languages?
- which Programming languages to learn?
- Popular web development languages question?
- What Programing languages should I learn first?
- What Are The Best Programming Languages To Learn?
- What's the point of learning other programming languages than C and C++?
- C# or Ruby on Rails – Which is a better language to learn?
- PHP. Perl. Java. C++ C or any other programming languages.?
- If I want to learn to program in java, should I just start right away or learn an easier language first?
- What programming language should I learn?